Are you having an Open Home? These Tips will help make it a success.
With the arrival of Spring, the market is definitely starting to see some movement again. It is important to note that if you are selling your home, remember that you only get one chance when having an open home to make a lasting impression on a potential buyer, so make the effort and watch your home sell:
- Ensure your garden is well kept and that the lawn is neat. Consider planting some bright flowers to make your garden look inviting.
- Remove any junk mail from your letterbox and make sure there are no random bits of paper laying around.
- Avoid having your bins on the front pavement. If it happens to be rubbish collection day, make sure you put your bins back before the open home.
- Don’t let cars be parked on your front drive or on the lawn. Park them in the garage or even down the road.
- Open all windows and ensure your home smells fresh. A good tip is to soak cotton wool balls in vanilla essence and place them in discrete locations around the house. If you are a smoker, put a few bowls around the house half filled with white vinegar for a few hours before the viewing. This should remove any smell of smoke. You could also put a cinnamon stick in a cup of water in the microwave for two minutes.
- Play relaxing background music and remember to turn off any computers or televisions.
- Try to get a comfortable room temperature going, or if you live in a West facing home, schedule your open homes for the mornings or late evenings to avoid the afternoon sun in Summer.
- Put some fresh flowers, such as Sunflowers, in a vase on your kitchen island or dining table.
- Make sure your home is neat and tidy, and remove any personal items such as photographs before the viewing.
Most importantly, talk to your Real Estate Agent and make sure your home is listed according to what the market will pay.