With the Commonwealth Games fast approaching, there is a lot of talk about how these games will benefit the Gold Coast
And in particular, Hope Island and the Northern GC suburbs.
With 70 Nations and Territories competing in the Commonwealth Games, the exposure for this part of the world will be quite significant.
Hope Island and the surrounds is perfectly positioned. According to the City of Gold Coast, the majority of the GC2018 events will be taking place in close proximity, such as:
- The Coomera Indoor Sports Centre which will be hosting the gymnastics and netball competitions
- The Village Roadshow Studios Super Stage which will host the squash, boxing and table tennis competitions
- The Gold Coast Hockey Centre in Labrador which will host the hockey events with seating for 5000 spectators
- The Gold Coast Aquatic Centre in Southport which will host the swimming and diving competitions
- The Broadwater Parklands which will host the marathon, triathlon and walking events
- The Commonwealth Games Village in Parklands which will host 6500 athletes and team officials
Therefore, it goes without saying that the Northern Gold Coast will be a hive of activity between the 4th -15th April 2018, and with having visitors from around the world visiting our shores, and in particular the Northern Gold Coast, it is our time to shine, and who knows what positive effects this exposure will have on our community.
To view the full schedule for the Commonwealth Games, click here http://bit.ly/2fzRlGq